collage

collage
The Genealogy Researcher - Our Ancestors Eyes & Ears telling of their Journey

Genealogy News

Genealogy News - Start searching the 1940s-era records now Ancestry.com of 3.8 million images, 130 million names

Behind the Scenes of Ancestry.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

I am an Eaton - FTDNA Y-DNA37

From M. Eaton
6 Feb 2019

Mr. Young
You came up as a Y-DNA match to me through FTDNA. 

I saw the notes that you added- i.e., born as Young, Begnal, but your G-grandmother was married to Claude Brudenell Eaton of Oneida Co., NY.

Based on your Y-DNA results, we are a match, and I can safely say, you have your answer- you are an Eaton. 
From what you posted it looks like you are out of the branch from Ossee Eaton Sr. (b.1781 Vermont)

Welcome to the Eaton’s, there is an Eaton Families Association (EFA)

My Reply 6 Feb 2019: Results of my FTDNA Y-DNA37 test ID#892549 show that  I have 11 matches to the "Eaton" surname, meaning I am not a Young as born, nor Begnal as my Father was born. 

Hoping, after 25 yrs researching my Paternal side as Young & Begnal, the Eaton Surname shall never change again...

...now to contact all Descendants Living of Clifford Franklin Begnal (1903-1960) & marriages to Thelma Ferne Perry (Pereira Cardozo) 1922, Oakland Co., CA, Lavilla B Woodbury 1926, Marin Co., CA, and Wilma Florence Gates 1928, Multnomah Co., OR.

Ossee Eaton, Sr. is now my Paternal 4th Great-Grandfather, descendant of Francis Eaton (1596/96-1633) a Carpenter on the Mayflower, my 9th Great-Grandfather, b. 11 Sep 1595/96, Bristol Co., England, d. 18 Nov 1633, Plymouth Co., MA. 

If Francis was born 11 Sep, we share the same Birth Day/Month of 11 Sep. born 351 years before me and 405 years before the Downing of the NY World Trade Center at 10:28 a.m. & 5:21 p.m.

I wish to extend my Wishes to All of Those I have came in contact with in my original search efforts of the Surname Begnal since 1992, Cousins and Fellow Researchers who have assisted Myself for my answers of Who Am I Really.

To those Begnal's whom I met...Clifford Floyd Begnal (1931-2011) only over the phone, son of Wilma Gates (1907-1965) who has 2 other siblings Robert Franklin & Kenneth Roger Begnal.

I was able to connect Granddaughter of Clifford Floyd and her bio Father Kenneth Roger, son of Clifford Floyd & Eunice A. Hall.  This portion of Begnal lineage should of been Eaton and a DNA Match to Eaton.

Children of Robert Franklin Begnal (1929-1976), Kenneth Roger (1930- ) and Clifford Floyd Begnal, their DNA should be a match to Eaton as well.  Same of my Uncle Clifford Anthony Begnal Young and Father Richard Newton Begnal Young, and my 2 Sons Donald Richard Young Jr (1970-2005) and Richard Earl Young (1975-  )

And Robert Thomas Begnal (1931-2011) who is a descendant of George Felix Begnal (1979-1957) and Edna M. Avery (1888-1975), in my 22+ years researching this Begnal Lineage back to 1847 County Meath, Ireland, I did meet Robert Thomas of Saratoga Springs NY after his move to Apple Valley, CA is when we met in his home.

Robert Thomas Begnal and his siblings, George Felix Begnal Jr, Jean Mary, and John Avery Begnal, as far as I know also should be a DNA Match to Begnal Lineage.

I completed AncestryDNA (results 16 Dec 2016), downloaded rawDNA from Ancestry and uploaded to GEDmatch.com on Apr 2019

Ossee Eaton, Sr. is my Paternal 4th Great-Grandfather, descendant of Francis Eaton (1596/96-1633) a Carpenter on the Mayflower, who is my 9th Great-Grandfather, b. 11 Sep 1595/96, Bristol Co., England, d. 18 Nov 1633, Plymouth Co., MA. 

If Francis was born 11 Sep, we share the same Birth Day/Month of 11 Sep. born 351 years before me and 405 years before the Downing of the NY World Trade Center at 10:28 a.m. & 5:21 p.m.
p.s I became a Fire Fighter 1972

D.R. "Doc" Young
drdocyoung.com

Genealogy Research & Assistance Blog

DNA Lineage Blaschko Eaton Pereira Cardozo Shaughnessy Wilson Young


Family Tree DNA is a genealogical tool designed to aid individuals wanting to “connect” to other relatives lost in time and where the paper trail no longer exists.

No comments: